Thursday, January 5, 2017

**Places Middle Finger Up To The Treadmill**


Really though. What do you think you are? You piece of plastic monkey poo…

Okay. Now that my little tantrum is done *kicks treadmill*, I might as well explain my little outburst.

I’ve been going to the gym the past week everyday and getting my stretching, cardio, lifting, and oh my god very much needed tanning done every other. I’ve been making it there pretty early in the morning while Mike and Zakai have been having dad n’ lad time, but tonight was a little bit later for me.

I don’t know what it was but I was feeling super awesome tonight. Even after sharing a portion of some super awesome nasty B-Dubs. Hey, I’ve got two-ish more days until I adopt the vegan lifestyle again and we had to use the gift-card we got from my brother for Christmas. Maybe it was the fact that I’ve been actually keeping up with a routine.

            Still… I stepped onto the treadmill, typed in my usual walk speed for warm up, walked a mile and a half, then after my body seemed to want a little more spike in the workout I clicked on the little button that said fat burn, typed in my weight because for some reason it wanted it (which by the way is a horrible post baby 230), put in a slight incline and then a mid speed between jogging and running.

            DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MACHINE PROCEDDED TO TELL ME AFTER I FILLED IN ALL ITS LITTLE REQUIREMENTS???

“RUNNING IS NOT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT”

HMM… WHAT? COME AGAIN?

Okay. I’m breathing normal now. So 2.3 miles later after I noticed it was just past 9 PM and I should probably high tail it home to get Zakai to bed, I oh so elegantly got of the treadmill, and stuck my middle finger and tongue out at it. Fat girl just ran 2.3 miles with a “NOT HIGHLY RECOMMENED” speed… Bit*h.

What point can we take from this? An obvious - weight does not define you. And don’t let it. Not a bit. Not your beauty. Not your ability. Not your intelligence and definitely not your ego.  

Damn treadmill. I’ll see you again tomorrow.


My god I have to be honest with you people, I swear (and write) like a sailor and this was a really hard blog to not use any of my favorite language. Trying to keep it somewhat PG, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment