Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Reality of the New



Hello and welcome to my new page The Golden Mean! For those of you that are new to my blogging, my name is Sharayah and I’ve come here from monstersoffgrid.blogspot.com. For those of who that have been following my travels and rants, I’m glad you followed me over!

I’m here now because of a change in life. My little man was born, Zakai, and we’ve moved back up to Michigan to be closer with our families. The path we thought we were going to stay on kind of went topsy-turvy on us with the new addition. Our goals are still mostly the same; we (Mike my boyfriend, Zakai our son, and Monster our dog child) just have a different way of getting there. Alas, we may also not be able to go to the school for earth ships in Taos, New Mexico, but hey, I tell you what – YouTube is a freakin’ amazing tool. I’ve learned the ins and outs of my Chevy Venture and am now fully confidant in doing everything up to the transmission; thanks to YouTube and all of the amazing mechanics out there that took there time to film. Point being – We’ve found enough YouTube’s by people like us that have already got their dream home in the ground. Also, other people that have already started their organics business and other venturous people that have tickled our fancies and we’ve started following.

Back to the reason why I moved my blog over; the old domain was just that – old. Monsters Off Grid isn’t us anymore, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a big part of helping us shape into the family we are today. We decided sometime ago that there is just so much more to our lives than just heading off grid even though it’s still part of our plan. Monster is still our family mascot though ;)

As for The Golden Mean – What do you know about it if anything? I’m assuming like me, a lot of you didn’t pay much attention in math class in high school (BTW I just finished my first semester back in college and aced my math class with an A, who’d of thought possible!!). The golden mean can be other wise known as the golden ratio, golden section, divine proportion, divine section, golden cut, the golden number, and sometimes it’s referred to as the Fibonacci Sequence even though it’s not exact but asymptotic in nature to it.

Phew! Thee golden number in question would be 1.61803398875. 1

This was an ancient mathematicians best friend of sorts. Yet, not only did those in the math profession find the number so intriguing, but “biologists, artists, musicians, historians, architects, psychologists, and even mystics have pondered and debated the basis of its ubiquity and appeal”1.  The Golden Mean has been and is still used in aesthetics, architecture, painting (Leo Da Vinci, Dali), music, and you see it all through out nature too! In a way this is a law that rules the cosmos. It’s adapt in nature to all things, and by understanding it’s essence just look what man kind had made; many great thing, some not so.

Baaaacccckkk to my point of the blog title again…

The Golden Mean is law. It’s nature and natural. It’s what everything should be - as one. This is why it has resonated with me so much. Our goals in sustainability, sustenance, and spirituality I feel all vibrate closely with the true essence and meaning of the golden law. This is why we are here now on the path we are on, and I feel as if it’s going to be a beautiful one.  


      If you’d like to learn more about the Golden Mean, you can visit the link I’ve attached with this blog. I learned a lot more from it than I knew before and will continue to learn. Having an engineer boyfriend’s mentality around doomed me to like numbers some way, it just so happens that this correlates with my artsy side as well!


  1.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

No comments:

Post a Comment